Scientific Name: Smilax China
Chobchini or China root scientifically known as Smilax china has been used for ages in numerous tribal and folk medicine for a large number of health issues. Chobchini is hailed as a wonder medicine in Ayurveda and Unani too. The plant is native to China, Korea, Taiwan, Japan (including Ryukyu and Bonin Islands), Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, and Assam. Root or rhizome of Smilax is used in herbal formulations in several parts of the world. China cultivates this drug in large amount and for most of the countries it is exported from there. Hence it is usually recognized as China Root. It is a plant species in the genus Smilax and Smilacaceae (Catbrier family). Some of the popular common names of the plants are China root, Chinese smilax and Bamboo Briar Root.
- Root is alterative, anti-scrophulatic, carminative, depurative, diaphoretic, diuretic and tonic.
- It is considered useful when taken internally in the treatment of old syphilitic cases and is also used for certain skin diseases, including psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, enteritis, urinary tract infections, skin ulcers etc.
- Large doses can cause nausea and vomiting, which is appreciated in weakened and depraved conditions due to a poisoned state of the blood.
- Smilax is helpful in improving muscle mass and body strength.
- It is used as a tonic for male sexual energy.
- Smilax has a special property as it acts against the problems caused due to malnourishment of Dhatus such as poor immunity and weakness.
- Decoction of roots and rhizomes used as depurative in cases of herpetism and syphilis in Philippines.
- In India, used to some extent like sarsaparilla, in decoction as a depurative, diaphoretic, stimulant, alterative, antisyphilitic, and aphrodisiac.
- It is Sudorific and demulcent, used in rheumatism.
- It is used as alterative in old syphilitic cases and in chronic rheumatism.
- It is used for various skin diseases.
- It is used for syphilis, skin diseases, epilepsy, insanity, flatulence, dyspepsia, constipation, fever, neuralgia, rheumatism, gout and general debility in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani medical system.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, used as diuretic and for treatment of rheumatic arthritic conditions; also used for detoxification, treatment of gout, tumors, and lumbago.
- It is used as a remedy for inflammatory disease and ischuria in Korea.
- Rhizome is made into a paste and applied to painful swellings.
- It has also been supported in the treatment of leprosy, scrofula and many skin infections developing into ulcers.
- Roots had been used to treat abscesses, pyoderma and burns.
- It was one of the drugs used in the treatment of Acute Appendicitis, taeniasis and constipation in Korea.
- Roots have been used to treat cases of paralysis and sciatica.
- It is used to treat urinary tract infection, stone and ulcers of the bladder and even chyluria by the physicians of Hong Kong.
- It helps in relieving strangury and also seminal weakness.
- It is also given sometimes to treat fever and other inflammatory conditions associated with fever like acute lymphadenitis.
Impotency and Seminal disorders:
2-3 gram of China root is added to a cup of water and a cup of milk. Boil together, till the quality reduced to half. Filter. This is taken once daily by adding small amount of sugar. This is wonderful benefits in impotency and seminal disorders, low sperm count.
Chronic arthritis and secondary and tertiary Syphilis:
4-5 gram of the coarse root powder is cooked well with 200 ml of water and reduced to 560 ml. Filtered and consume. 2-3 weeks medication gives good result in arthritis and secondary and tertiary Syphilis.
Schizophernia and epilepsy:
10 Gram of China root is added with 50 ml water. Macerated, filtered. This infusion is consumed early in the morning or in late evening. This is considered to be a very effective medicine while treating epilepsy, insomnia and Schizophernia.
Pemphigus and Skin diseases:
Equal amount of Sarsaparilla and China root are taken and made into decoction. This is taken twice daily for the complaints such as Pemphigus and chronic Skin diseases.
1-2 gram of the powder is mixed with honey in cases like arthritis and neuralgia. It contributes significant benefits in above complaints.
Avoid excessive dosages it may causes nausea and vomiting.
Vinegar should not be used while using the herb.
Pregnant and lactating women should avoid China Root formulations as it may affect their health.
Place your Order Now
Whats App No:
031 5555 2030