Scientific Name: Trigonella Foenum-Graecum
Hazrat Kasim Bin Abdur Rehman رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ guided (us) to seek cure in Fenugreek (الحلبة) (Methi).
[At-Tibb Al-Nabawi (Al-Jawzi) volume 1; page no. 227]
Once Hazrat Saad Bin Abi Waqqas رضي الله عنه fell ill in Makkah, Nabiﷺ visited him, and asked to call a doctor, Al Haris Bin Kuladah was called, he came and examined Hazrat Saad رضي الله عنه , and said he is not serious, and advised to take dates (khajur), barley (jaw) & boiled fenugreek (seeds) (Methi) water & prepare soup like gravy (daliya) than put honey in it & give to Hazrat Saad رضي الله عنه at early morning (luke warm). And Hazrat Saad رضي الله عنه got well; Nabiﷺ liked the preparation advised by Al Haris Bin Kuladah.
[Al-Tibb Al-Nabawi Harful Haa vol no. 1; page no. 230]
Hazrat Maaz Bin Jabal رضي الله عنه said, that “if you know the benefits of fenugreek seeds (الحلبة) (Methi), and if the price of it increases as price of gold, you will purchase it for gold price & use it.
[Majmauz Zawaid: 8035]
Fenugreek / Hulhab is an herb similar to clover that is native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and western Asia. The Fenugreek seeds / Methi ke Beej (میتھی کے بیج, میتھی دانہ) also known as Trigonella Foenum-Graecum, are used in cooking, to make medicine, or to hide the taste of other medicine. Fenugreek seeds smell and taste somewhat like maple syrup. Fenugreek leaves are eaten in India as a vegetable. In manufacturing, fenugreek extracts are used in soaps and cosmetics.
1. Good for throat infection.
2. Reduces swelling, cough, acidity, chronic cough, gas, piles, lungs infection,
3. It helps indigestion.
4. Cures lice and dandruff (Its water (Methi water) should be applied).
5. It is helpful in liver and kidney diseases & menstrual problems.
6. Induces labour pain.
7. Increases urine output.
Part used: –
Leaves, stem, seeds.(Seeds are best for medicinal use & Leaves and soft stem for cooking purpose).
1. Cooked and eaten.
2. Seeds should be boiled in little water for 15 minutes, then filtered and then the water should be drunk in Luke warm condition.
3. Gargle with warm Methi water for throat infections.
4. Soak Methi seeds in little water over night, filter and drink it at early morning empty stomach.
5. Chew the seeds properly and eat.
Place your Order Now
Whats App No:
031 5555 2030